Thursday, September 10, 2009
No time for new Kingdomtide decor. Maybe next year. World Communion is coming up too. I love this picture and want to do something like this. What do you all think? Also thinking maybe we could do more prayer origami for Advent. We could fold into stars to decorate the trees and wreathes and hang them just before xmas.
Posted by Melanie at 11:29 AM
Monday, August 24, 2009
* a plant, vine, or tree growing
* the "tide" of Christ flowing out of us onto/into the world
* the statue of Christ where the hands have fallen off - and we have to be the hands of Christ (pretty popular story, but don't know the source)
* Lord's Prayer (thy kingdom come . . . )
* being the light of Christ’s mercy and justice in the world (open our eyes, so that we may see)
Kingdomtide is the season to be living out the kingdom. Our present banners have a crown and greek symbols. Not very helpful symbols in our date and time. I asked the pastors and some of their thoughts were: serving hands, earth, world communion, humble king, basin and towel, pouring out of bread and wine.