Sunday, January 4, 2009

Welcome to the FUMC Art Blog!

Hi Artsy Friends,

Thanks so much for volunteering your time and talents to our new art committee. We have created this blog as a place to share ideas and images for First Church decorations. If you have never blogged before, then welcome.

As I mentioned, I want this to be a place for us to share and keep track of our creative ideas. This is a blank brainstorming slate for any and all thoughts on how to add to the first church experience. Today we talked about projection, painting, movement, light, membership involvement, and music. I can't wait to see all of our ideas come to life.

The only thing I ask is that you label your posts. When you click on "new post" you will be given a blank space to type your message. At the bottom of this blank area, you will see "Labels for this post:" - this is where I would like us to define the post by religious holidays (i.e. Lent, Easter, Christmas, etc) This way we will easily be able to go back and find ideas. If you have any further questions on posting pic or ideas, you can email me directly at darcy_hamre@yahoo.com.

As you can see to the right, I have added some information regarding the upcoming sermons (thanks Jen!). This is a great resource for us. Feel free to read some of the scripture for inspiration. I have also posted two web links if you are intersted in browsing for different ideas (thanks again Jen!)

Blog away!

No comments:

Post a Comment