Monday, August 24, 2009
* a plant, vine, or tree growing
* the "tide" of Christ flowing out of us onto/into the world
* the statue of Christ where the hands have fallen off - and we have to be the hands of Christ (pretty popular story, but don't know the source)
* Lord's Prayer (thy kingdom come . . . )
* being the light of Christ’s mercy and justice in the world (open our eyes, so that we may see)
Kingdomtide is the season to be living out the kingdom. Our present banners have a crown and greek symbols. Not very helpful symbols in our date and time. I asked the pastors and some of their thoughts were: serving hands, earth, world communion, humble king, basin and towel, pouring out of bread and wine.